Crowsnest Books is on the lookout for the best of new imaginative literature. We are currently accepting submissions in all literary genres, with special interest in imaginative literature, speculative fiction, and novel-length works.
We celebrate the tension and richness that arises from a diversity of types, both in storytellers and genres. If you have a completed manuscript and are passionate about bringing ideas to life, we welcome you to jump aboard.
Please read the following carefully before preparing your work for submission to us. We accept unsolicited manuscripts but we want to receive a proposal first and if interested we will solicit the manuscript.
We are looking for looking for authors with a gift for reflection and exploration. Tell us about your work and the ideas behind it and we will be very interested in reading your manuscript.
We give every manuscript careful consideration. It can take up to sixteen weeks for us to respond, depending on the amount of proposals we have received. If it takes longer to hear back, your proposal could still be under consideration and may simply have been given to a second editor for their opinion. We can’t publish all books sent to us but each book is given consideration based on its individual merits along with a set of criteria we use when considering proposals for publication.
How to Submit
Please follow these step-by-step instructions to ensure that your proposal makes a good impression when it arrives on an editor’s desk.
1. Before you send the entire manuscript, send a book proposal which should include a synopsis and two sample chapters:
- Synopsis is a short description of the book content. Please make it no longer than 800 words.
- Sample Chapters: The chapters don’t need to be consecutive but do send the first chapter of the book. Submit chapters that showcase your best writing.
- Include a cover letter with essential details such as your reply address, social media channels, date of submission, title and size of your manuscript. Also indicate whether this is one book or part of a series.
2. If we do respond to your first submission, and ask to see your full manuscript:
- Send the full manuscript in PDF form.
- Make sure there is a short letter with your details on it.
3. Please send all correspondence to: email@example.com.
We look forward to reading your work!